Thursday 24 January 2008

Welcome Friend Stitchery

This morning I found another WISP - it is a stitchery called Welcome Friend from a book called Old-Timey Embroideries. All the patterns come with iron-on transfers - a great time-saver! This one was stitched on sandcastle fabric.



To finish this project I stitched on some borders, backed it with some iron-on batting and inserted it in a ready made frame. The frame came from Chickenfeed - a $2 discounty type shop we have here in Tasmania. They have lots of junk but if you look at the right time you can find some okay stuff. Happy stitching






7 comments:

  1. Now that is cute....cheap shops are great you can always find a bargain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the frame, it looks fantastic with the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stitchery, and the frame looks perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Im a bit behind on reading my blogs but just wanted to let u know that i love all the WISPS u have recently posted! Your cushion looks lovely and i love this little stitchery.....good old Chickenfeed, great for the odd bargain. I love their wooden frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I have never used iron-on batting - is it easy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are getting several WISPs out of the way. I need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! I love all your stitchery works. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine