Monday 7 January 2008

Country Bloomers

Before I became addicted to quilts I used to do quite a bit of cross-stitch. I sometimes made them into wallhangings (cheaper than framing!) and this morning I found this one which just needs a binding. It is a Jeremiah Junction design called Country Bloomers - I will try to finish this today.



While searching for WISPs I also found this little wallhanging from long ago. It was from a book called Know Your ABC's. The buttons are made of wood and I remember painting and distressing them for a country look.



Oliver just had to sit down as I was snapping!



The applique is just ironed on - no button hole stitch or anything!



I only have three more blocks to quilt on the Spotlight quilt. Considering how to quilt the border - it will be simple! - then just the binding to go. Worked on the Christmas Cups stitchery last night and it is close to being finished also. Happy stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Christine.....wow wow and wow....love them all expecially the cross stitch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthout a doubt--my favorite bloomers are.....the quilted ones. Have a great monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cross stich piece and the little wall hanging is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cross stitch is great, very cute. You are doing a great job with your WISP. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Mexico! I love your blog is really fantastic and your work is spectacular. Which made me dream of Country Bloomers is not if you could send me the pattern to my mail I would greatly appreciate:) amano__takahashi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Im looking for this cross stitch pattern...do you know is it still available..i made my mom one many many years ago and cant not find my pattern anywhere..i want to make my sister one...can you please help me out by sending me a copy of it or tell me where i can get one Thank You ....TeresaFaust@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine