Monday 29 August 2011

Gardener's Journal

Thank you for all the lovely comments re my Rouenneries quilt in the last post. It seems like lots of you love it as much as I do.

 In the evenings I have been working on some stitcheries for Anni Downs A Gardener's Journal quilt.I plan to use
 Patisserie and other complementary fabrics from my Figtree stash.

I am choosing the stitchery colours as I go. I find this much quicker than constantly looking at a chart. It also makes the quilt slightly more unique.
I started with the biggest stitchery:

 No Place Like Home

 
which seemed to take forever!
The next few were smaller and much quicker:

Flower Basket


 Weather Vane
 

Dog House 
(my favourite, so far)



It is great to be on holidays ... I am slowly recovering from a very busy term. The Eisteddfod last week was very rewarding with my students achieving lots of first and second prizes in individual and choral sections ... more importantly they did their best and had lots of fun.

22 comments:

  1. great post Christine and its great the kiddies did well and had fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christine.....I would like to tackle this one....one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colours, can't wait to see them with their border fabrics....
    wish I'd thought a little more about using my own colours, my poor book is nearly worn out from all the handling... Enjoy your holidays, hope the weather is pleasant and you can sit and sew in the garden.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Gardener's Journal quilt and your stitching is very fine indeed!

    Happy stitching,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is lovely!

    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holidays!!! We start at the end of this week...

    REally beautiful stitching... I always try to stitch like you. small, even and patient!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching Christine - the colours will be lovely with Fig Tree fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, love the stitching especially the dog house

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beutiful, like all your works.
    Rossy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitcheries !!! I'd like to make this one too !! How do you do ?? Speedlight needle ???
    I'm waiting to see the fabrics you choose around these lovely sticheries !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitcheries and I love your quilt in the previous post, very gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im agree the dog house is soooo nice groet carina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Rouenneries and love the new stitching. Your stitches are beautiful. Love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitcheries are beautiful! I love Annie's patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitching is so neat! I love the pretty colours you're using, they will look lovely with Patiserrie. Look forward to seeing this one progress.......

    ReplyDelete
  16. always lovely to see GJ progress..........goodluck.........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice stitchery you make. Nice blog you have, I've become a follower :-)
    Have a great week end

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the stitcheries. The little ones are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so lovely! I like the dog and the dog house too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful stitchery! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!!! Love it Christine..:O) Need to get me going on this one too!!! SIGH...;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine