Sunday 28 December 2008

Pretty Things

This afternoon I popped into the Penguin Market and was lucky enough to find these little beauties. The stall was having a closing down sale so they were a real bargain. My kind of shopping!



Treated myself to the latest Tilda book for Christmas .... it actually arrived in the post on Christmas Eve.


These little pixie dolls are one of my favourite projects.


Thought you might like to see these decorations from my cross-stitch days.


As it says on this one, they were stitched for Christmas 2001.



I can remember being very pleased with them at the time ... always enjoyed stitching on linen ...

... and they still look nice on the tree.



Tomorrow is my blogoversary and the start of my giveaway. It will have a Christmassy flavour! I like to keep my decorations up 'til the end of January so Christmas goes on and on in our house!

13 comments:

  1. Your new book looks fun. I will be anxious to see what projects you choose to do. Your cross stitch ornaments are cute. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks great, what cute pixie dollies!! My Stitcher's Angel sent me a couple of Tilda stitcheries and so now I'm hooked ;o)!! I've just ordered a Tilda book over the net too, I can't wait for it to arrive :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veeery nice book! Lots of pretties!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Christine,
    I have just caught up on a few of your posts. I love your christmas decorations. I am right into christmas decorating now so look out next year..........lol

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there...just cruising by, and saw you have a Blogoversary tomorrow...Happy Anniversary to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to make those dolls? They are cute. And I have to say it again I love your Christmas tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stitched ornaments-- too cut3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Thread on wooden spools--don't see those anymore, at least not around here. Your book looks like it has lots of great ideas in it, and you got it in time to get a jump start on next year;) I love that you leave your Christmas decorations up through January;)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine,
    Thank you for your visit.
    I can see your SSCS partner made a beautiful quilt for you.
    This Tilda book is really nice. I've got it. I am a real Tilda addict. LOL ;)
    Hugs from Spain.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely ornaments. They are standing the test of time very well. I love the little pixies. They look like they would be fun to make. Looking forward to stopping back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the x-stitched ornaments! I enjoy making some each year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize thread still came on wooden spools. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine I love your stitched ornaments!
    You do such beautiful work always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine