Sunday 30 August 2009

A Finish at Last!!

Don't faint with shock. I actually finished something this month! After no finishes in June or July it was time to get serious! On Friday I re-discovered this stitchery.



A couple of hours later it looked like this. 



The pattern is by Bronwyn Hayes and is called Christmas Cups. There are three different
cups in the pattern .... I still have one more to complete. Maybe it will be a September finish?
I used one of my favourite Judie Rothermel reds for the handles and lining.


Oliver was pleased I was home and joined me in the sewing room ...


overseeing activities from his basket near the window.
 

Not sure what was happening with his tail ... it was doing a lot of flipping about!

One more week of school then we have two weeks holiday here in Tasmania. I plan to catch up on my blog reading and do lots of stitching. This morning I received my partner's name for Chookyblue's SSCS 2009 so I will be lurking around her blog to discover what she likes.


24 comments:

  1. I just love your Christmas cup. The colours are just beautiful. It will look lovely hanging up for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely and I don;t think it matters not getting something finished every month.
    I am also in Chookyblues christmas swap.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a finish to put in the sidebar even better when they look as good as that !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pattern and finish! Enjoy your hols!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh.. it is lovely... dont think I have seen that pattern.. hmm must have missed it..:o)) So sweet.. and Oliver... think he is a happy cat! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, your Christmas cup looks great. havn't seen the pattern before. Where did you get it? I love Bronwyn Hayes patterns. oliver looks so cute in the basket. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely stitchery..........welcome to the swap again this year..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty stitchery and Oliver is so handsome.
    Now I wish I had joined SSCS 09...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well if you are going to jump back in to the "finishing" world, that's a lovely one to start with. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oliver is so cute - I love cats :o) Your Christmas Cups are beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stitchery is just wonderful! I love every bit of it, fantastic! And that Oliver, just melts my heart. He is so handsome in that basket. What is it about cats and baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely finish! Definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitchery is lovely. That Oliver...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have beautiful stitching, I love the cups. Oliver gives it a seal of approval, such a cute picture in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The stitchery is lovely. Blogland is full of secrets now. We are spying about our partners and are being spied on :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your stitchery! And Oliver is a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine, your stitching is so perfect on your Christmas cups. I really need to get started on some of the patterns I have. My first visit to your blog and was reading down your post. The Quilter's Blessings is beautiful in the blues and toiles. I'll be back.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first visit to your blog. Very sweet stitchery. I have never seen a Christmas cup. What are they used for?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just loved this little bag/cup...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen that pattern or purse style before. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the little baskets and can see them all over a Christmas tree, Christine! I think even Oliver would approve!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine