Sunday 2 November 2008

Yummy Fabrics

Today I've got a little fabric yumminess to share. I picked up the fabrics below at Cranberry Crafts in Ulverstone on Friday. They were having a Birthday Sale so it was a good time to splurge.

From the top, we have 2 fat quarters of 3 Sisters Faded Memories ... these were $2.00 each. Next is 1/2 metre of Sweet Romance by Blackbird Designs .... this is earmarked for Anni Downs' Christmas Story Quilt and was 40% off. At the bottom are 2 metres of Cinnamon Stars by Figtree Quilts ... at 60% off I just had to have this!


This is an At Water's Edge by Blackbird Designs jellyroll I found very cheap on the internet before the Australian dollar plummeted. At least the dismal dollar has curbed my overseas fabric purchases for a while. There is already enough in my stash to keep me busy for a very, very long time!




Don't you love the swirly pattern the strips make?

Block 5 of Truly Scrumptious is finished, with block 6 about 1/2 completed.

Couldn't resist a close-up of this pretty lady.



A few people have queried why it is a long weekend in Tasmania. Well, it's actually only the north of the state that have the long weekend as the south have a holiday in February for the Hobart Regatta. Tomorrow's holiday is just to even things up. I am busy sewing log cabins blocks today. Will take some pictures tomorrow if the weather is better .. very grey today.

24 comments:

  1. What lovely fabric Christine I love your stitchery's too. I got a few fabrics from lynn too really good birthday sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I wish I could have gone to Ulverstone!
    Happy Recreation Day tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you all whilst I sit at my desk working!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you are getting through those.... OH I WISH I had that Jelly roll (pout pout)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was BARGAINS... Hmmm...wish I could stumble upon that sometimes!!!;o) Just love your purchases... lovely ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeeees...those fabrics are really yummy!!!
    Have fun using them and remember to show us what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabrics. I like very much you Truly's version, it's very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric finds are beautiful and who can resist a sale??? Especially 60% off!! I am just in love with your truly scrumptious! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some serious savings were going on here...good for you! I love it when I find things I like on sale. Lovely stitching;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stitchery block is SO fantastic!!! It made me smile the second I saw it!
    As to the fabrics -- yummy is definitely the word! Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too have had to stop buying fabric from overseas now - the high Aussie dollar was fantastic for my fabric stash while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely little visit - have really enjoyed stumbling across your blog. Love that stitchery of the little lady and dog - is it something I can buy here in Australia? Yes, so sad about the $ affecting our retail therapy in the US - maybe we should all be a bit more frugal, anyhow!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine, those fabrics are really pretty and the jellyroll looks yummy!! I too have had to stop my os shopping lucky the bits and pieces I did buy will keep me going for a while. Your Truly Scrumptious girls look so good in the colours you have chosen, happy sewing, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely choice of fabrics Christine!
    ...and what about your Truly scromptious girl?...simply fantastic!
    Ciao from Italy
    Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous fabric!!! Love your Jelly roll! Yes we are probably the only people who are not too upset about the $. My overseas spending really did need to stop for a while...perhaps I can catch up now..Ha!! cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet patttern and the fabric just lovely.

    G.day from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous fabric finds. Oh you are going to have too much fun with those. Your stitchery is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful fabrics you found! Thank for letting me stop by!

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great buys! I do love a bargain!!! I've also had to curb the internet shopping which isn't a bad thing!! - I really don't need any more fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't popped in for a while, sorry, love the material.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful fabrics and bargains to boot! I'm also a fan of The Quilted Crow, such lovely displays, can never leave without a little something. Thanks for the welcome back to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was some bargain hunting!

    Am blog-hopping my way through Chookyblue's SSCS list to see who else is playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have just discovered your blog. Is this Scrumptious needlework a pattern or is it your design? I have never seen it. Your work is lovely and so is your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely fabric Christine I love your stitchery's too.
    Kind regards,

    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love all the fabrics you bought!! my colors you know! and a very nice glance at fabric roll..I imagine you have enough fabric but we both know it's never enough!!
    stitchery wonderful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine