Sunday 13 July 2008

Heritage Stitching Day Part 1



WOW! Had a great day yesterday at the Heritage Stitching Day at Evandale. As always, spent far more time talking (and eating!) than stitching but took home some nice new projects to stitch when time allows.

There were a few familiar faces from the Quilted Crow Gathering but I spent most of my time with Cathy and Sarah. Great to meet you girls. Cathy's blogging daughter Alex also came and here is a photo of us Tassie bloggers.



We were all a bit disappointed that Christine Book was unable to attend but the other designers had some nice projects for us. I took too many photos for one post so today will just be about Kerry Gillespie's projects.

First up was this very cute Santa ornament which measures about 8 inches. This is definitely on my 'to do' list.



Going with the heritage theme Kerry designed this vintage looking bonnet. The same stitchery is featured on the cushion.



Kerry had samples of her other patterns on display including this santa,



dolly and ...



Advent quilt. I love seeing a designers original samples.



This is a new quilt she has designed. Absolutely gorgeous. Isn't she clever to be able to paint and stitch? Click on the pictures for a closer look.





And here's my favourite ... Life's Pleasures and Treasure. Love that quilt.



Finally, thanks to everyone who commented on my log cabin blocks in the last post. I made another block on Friday and have trimmed them all the same size. Very pleased with how they look so far. Lots of you asked how they are constructed. After four blocks, I'm hardly an expert but I'll try to put together a little tutorial when I get time.

16 comments:

  1. I should have been there too, bitterly dissappointed :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day!! It was perfect weather to be indoors stitching and chatting with friends!! Love the projects, that bonnet is just toooo cute!!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great day, looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a great thing meeting friends.....
    I saw a lot of wonderful works in your pictures!!!!!!
    I'm sure you enjoyed very much!!!!
    Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day. How wonderful to be able to see the work of the 'experts' up close like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was lots of fun! It was great to spend time with you and your post has lots of great photos on it!! Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm. Yummy stuff.

    Wish I could've come too!
    Boo hoo :-(

    Can't wait till The Quilted Crow's Christmas Gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic day!!! I love all the thingd displayed..Kerry is such a wonderful talented designer!! Loved the Santas...:o)...loved the bags too...;D...and who cannot love the wonderful quilts!!
    Oh what a day...wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day....love the advent calender.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had some fun stitching together & catching up... Plus New Projects just Luv that little bonnet...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine, what a super blog you have I will be back.

    Gill from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day!! Love all the projects, really enjoyed the quilt as you go blocks as well, they are lovely, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing photos of a wonderful day! And it would have been great to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  14. how many wonderful creations! and compliments for your log cabin blocks, I love them! how are you?hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Catherine!

    Where is part 2???

    Evil grin

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. G’day Christine. I’ve nominated your blog for the Brillante Weblog Award. You can see the nomination at: http://quirky-quilter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine