Monday 11 February 2008

Tagged

A few weeks ago I was tagged by Levin and Emily and have been really slack and not got around to responding! Then yesterday I was tagged by Jackie and today again by Tracey. I guess the time has come and I can't put it off any longer!

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

I have struggled to think of 7 vaguely interesting facts but here goes.

1. I lived on King Island in the middle of Bass Strait for 6 years as a child. I attended Grassy Primary School for Grade 1 and 2, then King Island District High School for Grade 3-6. My Dad was my teacher in grade 6.

2. I attended the Tasmanian Conservatorium of Music in Hobart for 4 years, majoring in music education. My main instrument was the trombone. When I was a student I spent the summer holidays working on farms doing paddock work. Hoeing onions in the rain was such a joy, as was taking a whole day to pick one bucket of snow peas. (Most of the time I did actually enjoy the work - especially payday!)

3. I don't drink tea or coffee or eat any red meat.

4. I have double jointed thumbs! They bend right back - quite disgusting! When I tried to learn the flute, I also discovered that my fingers flop at the joints!

5. I hated sewing at high school. In Grade 7 when sewing was compulsory, I made a skirt which fell apart. I also started a duffle bag, in disgusting pale blue gabardine, which never got finished. When home economics became optional in grade 9 I dropped it in favour of advanced maths, geography and music.

6. I love murders - fictional ones of course.! Anything by Agatha Christie, Ruth Rendell or Colin Dexter to name a few. Favourite TV shows include Midsummer Murders, Inspector Morse, Frost, Cracker, Silent Witness, Poirot, Miss Marple, Inspector Lynley and so on.

7. I am a school choir mistress and enjoy preparing childrens choirs for assemblies, concerts and eisteddfods. This year I will be teaching four choirs - Senior Girls, Senior Boys, Junior Girls and Junior Boys. We introduced separate girls and boys choirs last year which worked really well. I am better able to match the song repertoire to their interests and abilities. Although they have the same amount of time, the girls seem to get through twice as much in a rehearsal!

Phew. Hope that wasn't too boring.

I have gone for an international flavour in my selection because one of the things I like about blogging is linking up with people from around the world. If you girls have already been tagged or don't feel like participating that's fine.

1. Pamina - Quilts on the Way (Switzerland)

2. Lea - Simple Pleasures (Japan)

3. Anne Marie - Anne Marie's Quilt (Norway)

4. Lil - Addicted (Luxembourg)

5. Peg - Happy in Quilting (Australia)

6. Janet - Idaho Quilter (USA)

7. Stina - Kviltstina (Sweden)

I couldn't post without showing some pictures. As the Christmas decorations and quilts are finally packed away, I have been bringing out other things to replace them. This is a little doll quilt which measures about 12 inches square. It was purchased as a kit from Patchwork on Stonleigh in Wodonga.





Because it's so small I actually managed to hand quilt it.



This is what I worked on last night - the second Christmas Cup. Stayed up far too late stitching and watching Miss Marple and Silent Witness.



PS Thank you to everyone who sent congratulatory messages re the WISP challenge.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mini quikt! You took a beautiful picture of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine -- thanks for the tag..not sure if I have any interesting things to say, may have to think about that..love the little quilt. The Christmas Cup..wow...you do such beautiful stitcheries...keep up the great job on your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine

    oh, got tagged by you, think I have to make a new post

    but, as I am new to the whole blogging, can you please tell me how I add the links how you did
    (the peoples names and when you click on the name the blog opens)
    are they called shortcuts?

    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! That mini-quilt is adorable! I love the outer border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super little quilt. I love the fabrics in it!
    I just found your blog and love it! Your quilts and your dog and cat are fabulous! Will be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been tagged by you, hmmm....
    I might need som time to figure this one out, but thanks anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - i have double jointed thumbs too - so i know how disgusting it looks when they go backwards. and, in high school i played the flute and had the same problem with my fingers. AND i love murder mysteries too - we are so similar it's scary - lol. at the moment I'm re-reading arthur upton's bony series - old but good.
    lovely to hear more about you. i also didn't do my tag until i was tagged by several! have a great day.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Christmas Cups - a kit is sitting on the shelf in my sewing room waiting, waiting, waiting - maybe I'll have them done for next Christmas. Love your stitching and also like the murder shows on ABC of a Friday night (especially Wire in the Blood).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little mini quilt!! Just found your blog and it is nice to read your 7 things!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fact feel we know you a little better. Love the new header Molly is such a star.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the tag. I love the colors of your quilt in the header.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute stitchery and the mini quilt is just darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine