Friday 31 July 2009

Fantasy Quilts

Today I worked on my Quilter's Blessings Quilt. I am making up the layout as I go, so hopefully the final result will be okay. (By the time I thought of taking some photos it was dark ... will try and remember to take some tomorrow.)
When we went to the Melbourne Quilt and Craft Fair last Friday, Tali was very enchanted by many of the quilts in the Fantasy Quilt Challenge. Although not a style I would make myself, I could appreciate the hours of work and creativity which had gone into producing each one.

Tali insisted we have a close-up of this frog!

She thought her brothers would like these eyes.




This was my favourite ... I love children's picture books.


Hope you were enchanted too.


11 comments:

  1. Some people are just way too clever aren't they. What beautiful, original works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilts...way out of my League...Thanks for Sharing...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my taste either but a whole lot of work sure went into them, Tali looks like she is enjoying it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - such works of art. I like the storybook too - all the butterflys and the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt that's like pages of a storybook!! How incredibly creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my taste either....but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievable creations. I don't think you will ever get bored, looking at them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine