Monday 27 July 2009

Log Cabin Quilts

This will be the first of several posts showing some of my favourites from the Quilt Show at the Melboune Craft and Quilt Fair. This was definitely the biggest show I've ever been to and I have far too many pictures for one post! (I did ask if it was okay to take photos!)

As soon as I entered the Quilt Show area, I was attracted by a display of new and old quilts featuring the log cabin block. I love the 'round' quilting on this one and the use of 1930's fabrics, of course.




The antique quilt on the right was made in 1876. I love the soft look of the faded fabrics.


Couldn't resist a photo of this gorgeous fellow. He is sitting on some more antique quilts. If I'd been on my own I'd probably have lingered and taken more snaps but a certain young lady was keen to keep moving!



More antique quilts coming in the next post.


15 comments:

  1. I always love to see log-cabin quilts, old and new ones. Thanks for sharing! And the patched little fellow is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that teddy bear!
    oh the antique quilts are wonderful,thanks for sharing will look forward to seeing more
    yes there is nothing like a log cabin quilt for me :)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your pitcures, I like log cabin very much, I should make one ......some day.
    I'm looking forward to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these pictures. How wonderful they all are. I think the first one is my favorite. So bright and cheery and the quilting on it is so unique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute teddy bear! I love log cabin quilts! New and old. Thanks for taking the time to photograph all these beauties and posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Saw some beautiful quilts (which I hope to make one day, yes as a replica). Can't wait till your next post. Lucky you, to be able to visit the Quilt Fair in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the Antigue log cabin too.. :o)
    And how cute wasnt that little Bear!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Log cabin quilts are among my favorite. Thanks for sharing. I love that bear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the log cabins...thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Log cabin is such a classic design. I love the first quilt, so pretty and fine looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - so many quilts, so little time! Don't you want to make them all? Fantastic!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. some real beauties! never been to a quilt show but plan on Houston this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilts are wonderful and the teddy adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilts, especially the teal and cream log cabin.... teddy is cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful...
    Thanks for sharing these pictures..
    I love teddy bear...


    --
    Michell
    Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine