Wednesday 6 February 2008

Stash Buster Quilt

Just a quick post to show my latest project. A while ago I discovered a nice UK blog called Buttonberry which has a tutorial for a Stash Buster quilt. Basically you choose nine fat quarters and cut them as shown below.



Then it's just a matter of mixing the pieces up and sewing them back together like this.



The fabrics I am using are by Margo Krager for Clothworks and are called Dargate Divinity c. 1830. They've been in the stash awhile and have been tea dyed to make them a bit murkier and less new looking.

I am borrowing Jodie's great idea off keeping the selvedges to make a little strippy quilt. I think this will be a nice way to remember fabric that has passed through the stash. Happy stitching.



12 comments:

  1. Hurrah for selvedges - lots of selvedge collectors are coming out of the selvedge collecting closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...beautiful works you have done!! I´m impressed...wish I had your energy ;D Nice to have found your blog!!! I will visit you often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the idea of a selvedge quilt. i can't wait to see yours when it's finished.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I loved this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the selvedge idea!! Cant wait to see whar u do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fabric and a great block...
    I have never seen a selvedge quilt. So I can not wait to se it finished.
    Must be nice to have Jesse comming over to your house. He made a very nice pillow..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selvedge...a strippy? oooh, I can't wait to see it
    thanks for sharing
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaaahhhh, These fabrics are so lovely!!!! Love it, Love it!!!
    I'm anxious to see your quilt with these marvelous color fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have got an amazing blog, I love to read it! And tonight I must congratulate you on your first prize in the January WISP Challenge! You have been so clever!!! And all your WISPs go so well together, they cannot be many years old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to congratulate you with the first prize on the January WISP challange. You have finished a lot of beautiful projects, and I thing you really deserve it. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Christine,
    Congrats on your WISP projects for jan, you did a FANTASTIC job!! Just love your stash builer quilt, might get around to doing that for myslef - how big is it?? And, that selvage idea sounds so great, might have to start keeping mine :o)
    sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine