Friday 13 January 2012

Scrappy Plate Club

Have you seen the Scrappy Plate Club over at Bunny Hill Designs? I was really excited when I discovered it earlier this week. Lately I've developed a love of dresden plates so step-by-step instructions on how to make my own dresden quilt sounded great to me. I even have a dresden board over on Pinterest if you're interested.

I decided to use pretty florals, spots and checks for my blades.



 
 Fabrics include Sweet Shoppe by Benartex, Flower Sugar by Lecien, Lecien basics and Pam Kitty Morning by Lakehouse Dry Goods.


I used the Easy Dresden Template by Darlene Zimmerman to cut the blades.

  
There are about 30 fabrics in my selection.



 They fit nicely into this container for easy storage.

 And 'ta-da' my first plate ... 11 more to go.


It was fun to learn something new today. Can't wait to piece the next plate.

16 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished...looks like it would have been fun to cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I think I am in love. And I'm not a real Dresden fan. Too hard for me! The colors you picked are awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful selection of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous fabrics!! And the Dresden looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgous, you have inspired me, I have done my to do list for the year and forgot the dresden plate, despite having the template for ever, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrtistine.....I love it...the fabric is just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I look forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first Dresden is gorgeous Christine, it is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine -I'm doing this too, but you're ahead of me :) looks like a fun project, and this year I am trying to extend my repertoire. Love your choice of fabrics - I am using Moda Etchings, I've been looking for the right project for this fabric for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabrics and your first block looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine !!
    How tempting it is !!! The more I look at your blocks and colors the moreI feel I can't resist ....
    So beautiful !!!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am having big problems finding the template in Australia.... Where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHO!!! LOVE YOUR DRESDEN Christine!!!!
    Maybe I´ll have to dust my Dresdens off.. started them a year ago..and its a pretty shame they are lying in a box!!!
    And I see you have done similar shopping as I have.. we do share the same taste of fabrics..lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous inspiration on your blog. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine. I haven't visited your blog for a while and I have missed so much! I love your fabric choices for this project. I was thinking along the same lines for when I one day make of these myself. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine