Friday 27 January 2012

Christmas Gifts

This is the lovely gift I received from Sue for the Friends in Stitching Christmas swap. Sue made me this awesome bag ...


(Olly likes it too!)


 and pincushion from the Anni Downs' latest book, Some Kind of Wonderful.


Very cute! Thanks Sue.


I made for Sarah and after lots of procrastinating decided to make her the tree skirt from Natalie Ross' book Get Red Red Ready for Christmas.


Once I started, I discovered it wasn't actually that difficult! I enjoyed working on the appliqued lady bugs ...


and cute little  presents.


Sarah also received this stocking in matching fabrics made from a Fig Tree pattern.


To finish, I must show you the gorgeous string bag I received from Chris M at our Material Girls Christmas dinner. Such a clever idea and so very cute. Thanks Chris. I LOVE it.


Today I worked on my dresdens ... have made 7 plates so must share again soon .... and sewed block 8 of my 2011 FQS Mystery quilt. The last couple of weeks seem to have zipped by and it is now only 2 weeks until school begins again. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but I guess it will be okay once I get started again. Have a good weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, SO many beautiful things! I love the gift from Sue with the matching pincushion. It's just darling. And your tree skirt turned out lovely. It's so cheerful looking, and your blanket stitch is so perfect. I especially like the tiny little present. 8) Enjoy your treasures.

    Happy stitching,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gifts Christine, Sarah's tree skirt is so pretty. You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine.. Loving everything especially the tree skirt... too cute.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made and received are just lovely Christine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. whow Christine what beautiful gifts sent and received,well done girls.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous things, I really love the tree skirt, it's beautiful and a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, Lovely gifts on your post today. I especially love the tree skirt. Will have to find that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely gifts! I always look forward to seeing what you have been working on. Enjoy the remainder of your break. I remember feeling the same way when I had to go back to school after a holiday, but I am retired now and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tree skirt with the ladybirds is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My! So much cuteness in this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful gifts! I love the bag and pin cushion.

    The lady birds are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gift from Sue. I have the bag on my to do list :)
    The tree skirt is fabulous, the stocking and bag are so cute too.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely gifts now wait elf months for christmas. The bag is sooooo nice!!! Greatings from holland Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful gifts !!!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice post. Now you can use this indian b2b directory to promote christmas gifts import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tree skirt couldn't be more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love all those sewed and stitched creations! You've received beautiful gifts, and your Christmas tree skirt are awesome!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine