Sunday 15 January 2012

Country Fair

 This week I've been working on Country Fair, a Fig Tree Club project from Sarah at Patchworks Plus.


The quilt is made with a Butterscotch and Roses layer cake and my version will have 36 of these blocks.


It is a really easy block to piece. Once you've made one you don't really have to think at all.


This blue is one of my favourite prints in the range.


When I took these pictures I'd made 18 blocks ...


but since then I've really motored along and finished the last block just a little while ago.


Next job is to add the sashings and join the blocks together. Hope you found some time to sew this weekend too.

13 comments:

  1. I like your quilt....good way to use a layer cake! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! You really can't go wrong with a bit of Fig Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another pretty quilt in the making

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks look gorgeous, can't wait to see them all together in the quilt, I agree with the girls above....a great way to use a layer cake and the fig tree fabrics are always lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blocks and beautiful colors. Hugs from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful colours - it would look great in a very scrappy mix too - oh no! another project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy while on holidays..trying to picture the blocks all together....hurry up :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo! Can't wait to see it together..now get busy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, I always love how effective this pattern is. Looking forward to seeing them together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Christine love all the block the red one dose stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks Christine and looking forward to seeing it all joined together. I love Fig Tree quilt designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful blocks. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine