Sunday 21 September 2008

A Christmas Gathering

Yesterday I went to A Christmas Gathering hosted by The Quilted Crow at the Campania hall with my sister Kathy. It was a lovely day of chatting to new and old friends, oohing over beautiful projects, eating lovely food and in my case just a little stitching.

There were lots of bloggers attending, so of course we had to have a group photo.



Back (L-R) Jo, Helen, Alex, Fiona and Leanne
Front (L-R) Me, Cathy and Sarah.

My sister, Kathy took the photo.

Sarah and I had a little challenge between ourselves to finish our Home Sweet Home stitcheries by yesterday. Here we are with the finished items. I love Sarah's frame made by her neighbour.



As usual, there were lots of lovely projects to choose from. Anni Downs had some gorgeous Christmas Berry Baubles in wool ...



and this adorable bag called Petunia's Garden Bag.



It has this handy little pocket on the back.



This is another version of the bag with a ricrac trim. Love the fabrics.



Natalie Bird from The Birdhouse designed this Christmas Trio Stitchery Wallhanging ...



and a Sunflower Wool Bag which is pictured here with Leonie from The Quilted Crow's Tiny Treasure Cones.



Continuing with the wool theme, Leonie also designed Nellie's Sewing Box which is a paper mache box covered with beautiful felted wool applique.



Deidre from the Quilted Crow made two lovely wool scarves. One had pockets and snowmen appliques. Take a look on The Quilted Crow blog if you'd like to see them as I didn't manage to get any photos.



It has taken me ages to do this post so I will leave the rest of my news to next time.

25 comments:

  1. looks like a Great day had by all..so many Gorgeous things..Love Anni Downs & her work.
    Nice photo's Thanks for sharing.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post thanks so much for sharing Christine...so many nice new projects...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look like a wonderful gathering.
    The sewingbox is sooooo cute. Also those stitcheries. Looking forward to when they are out in the shops for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful christmas things. I love them all, so cute!
    Greetings
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fabulous works, loving it all. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy days !!!
    So many fantastic things...I´m so in love with all the things you showed... thanks a lot for showing us!!! I´m happy too.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Marilyn from France.
    I discovered your blog very recently and I am very impressed by all your creations. They are so beautiful ! Photographies are very nice and I thank you very much for sharing with us. I begin to imagine my decoration for christmas and I like your angels very much.
    I wish you a nice sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh -- those projects are all so wonderful!! Love the bag with the stitchery and the walhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, It certainly looks like you had a wonderful time. Very neat that there were so many quilting bloggers there. Thanks for the links, I visited their sites and they are such talented ladies. I love both of the finishes by you and Sarah. They are unique but both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so fun, to get together with friends and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful gathering.
    The 'wool theme' sewingbox and treasure Cones are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Christine for you nice words. It was very exciting for me to finish something, normally comes home and goes in the cupboard. I had a lovely day also.

    Cheers

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean!! It took me ages to do mine too!! All those tassie bloggers links....wasnt it cool to aLL get together! Cathyx
    PS How was your first day back??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures, Christine, it looks as if you had a great day. I love the photo of you and Sarah with your completed "Home Sweet Home", would you mind if I put that picture on my blog? With a link back to you and sarah of course!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed reading your post. It was just like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you! It must have been so nice to visit this gathering, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! Looks like you had a ball! I love the home sweet home stitchery in fact I like everything you have shown! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a wonderful day you had!
    How fun to catch up with bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful things at the same time! Nice to see a photo of so many bloggers, I like to know their faces. It looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, so many wonderful projects, I'd have a hard time choosing... Looks like an amazing day, thank you for taking the time to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how I adore that box - Nellie's Sewing Box!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looked like it was a great day Chrisitne!! Lovely projects and lovely people!! Love both yours and Sarah's little wallhanging.
    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Christmas gathering looks like it was a great day, so much inspiration, love the bags, the berry baubles and your gorgeous Home Sweet Home stitcheries, how nice to get together and show them off, think I may have to get one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW I love it all!!!!! What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing all those lovely idea...and its great to put a face to a blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine