Monday 31 December 2007

Yule Time Annies



Finished this Yule Time Annies cushion this morning. It has been waiting to be stuffed and sewn up for quite a while. This very cute stitchery was designed by local designer Lesley Hiller from Wash House Cats. I have made a few of her designs.
The pattern was in Handmade Vol 12 No 6. It was pictured as a wallhanging but I choose to finish it as a cushion. I love quilts with praire point borders so decided to try them out. I was quite happy with my first attempt.



I do quite a lot of stitchery projects and here is my 'very elaborate' light box.
It works really well. I have tried a variey of other methods - window, TV on an untuned channel, lamp in a washing machine! - but my torch in a box topped by an empty frame is the best.



Here is an aerial shot with Olly being cute!


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely cushion....thanks for your comment, did send a reply...but it bounced back...are you set up to receive emails back???....re the foot not sure if that would fit you machine, check it out with your agent...Happy New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever light box idea. Does Lesley Hiller have a website or a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a light box. I love seeing your cat laying in her basket. My cat Frida is always together with me in my sewingroom, she loves to sleep in her basket while i'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm always struggle to transfering patterns. I'm sure gonna try this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I will have to remember that in the future. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am very impressed with your ingenuity! What a great light box! (Here ends my days of standing on the kitchen sink with bits taped to the kitchen window - the only window in the house that gets good light!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I found your blog by chance, you're really good.
    Congratulations.
    Eleonora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine