Friday 11 September 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Sewalong



Hi. Today I'm a guest blogger for the Fat Quarter Shop's Farm Girl Vintage sew along.




Farm Girl Vintage is a fabulous book by the super talented Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.













The book includes instructions for the sampler quilt on the front cover as well as lots of other projects based on the 40 + blocks in the cover quilt. The block I was lucky enough to make is called Summer Star. After a very cold winter here in Tasmania, summer is something I'm really looking forward to.
 




























Lori includes instructions for making both a 6" and 12" version of each block. I choose to make 12"  blocks as I sometimes struggle with accuracy when constructing blocks with tiny pieces.






For fabrics, I used a mixture of Miss Kate and Hello Darling by Bonnie and Camille.






After making the first block I was so happy with the results I just kept sewing.
























So far I've finished four blocks with another five cut out ready to sew. At this stage I'm envisioning a nine block quilt with simple sashing but who knows what I'll end up with!








Thank you to Fat Quarter Shop and Lori for letting me be part of today's edition of #FarmGirlFridays. It sure is fun to be sewing and blogging again.









P.S. Sorry about the big gaps in this post. If anyone knows how to get rid of them please let me know. It all looks fine in Blogger but when I publish the big gaps appear. Grr!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, the fabrics are so precious! And the four blocks you have done are just perfect.
    I await to see the rest of the blocks ;)
    Kisses from Spain
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks!

    P.S. Are you previewing before you publish? Perhaps you've got line breaks (or whatever they're called) where you don't need them but they're not showing up on the 'drafting' page? You could try looking at the HTML view and looking for long lists of
    (and nothing else)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am droooling! Those blocks are just beautiful and the fabric is just as delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabrics used for this block. GORGEOUS! I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had some fun! :-) Those are some beautiful blocks! Love seeing the fabrics you used in them. Have a great weekend! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are as usual nothing less than AMAZING.......and Fat Quarter Shop blogger.......WOW!!!!!!!
    Well Done Beautiful xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a huge project with 40 blocks, but they’re beautiful like your other quilts. The first quilts are great.

    My Website - Tesol Degrees and Programs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine