Tuesday 14 January 2014

Button Blooms

I have been making the most of my time to sew during the holidays. It is so nice not having to rush off to work each morning ... I may even have had a few pyjama days!!

My latest achievement is this table runner called Button Blooms.


This was one of the kits I received from Sarah as part of the Fig Tree Club.


The fabric range is California Girl and the pattern uses two charm packs for the blocks.


Each block finishes at 5 1/4 inch so they are rather dainty and cute.


I wasn't sure about the light blue posts and borders but now it's done I love it.


As is usually the case, it looks much nicer to the naked eye than in photos.


Today I am making some bindings for a couple of other projects. I really like binding which is just as well as I have a fair bit to do in the next few weeks.

24 comments:

  1. So very pretty Christine. I love the little bud fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty and dainty. I love the fabric and colour combinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful !!! I love this quilt and the fabric .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful!! I love seeing such pretty things, your sewing makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christine - and the blue certainly is a change from your beautiful reds......xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful Christine :) so dainty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see you posting often, can't tell you enough how refreshing and inspiring your blog is. I am also a big Fig Tree fan, just finished making the Sparkle quilt. I wish your holidays would go on forever so you could keep sewing and posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, this runner is stunning. I love the block; it would made a fabulous quilt. Very sweet, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its very pretty Christine. I have one on display at the shop - loaned to me by a lovely customer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great Christine, such a pretty pallette of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its such a pretty runner Christine. I have made it and I was so happy with the end result, they are quite big aren't they. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have enjoyed all of the last posts since Christmas....lovely sewing Christine!!! You certainly had fun ya pajama days!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. I love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♡ holidays! You have done so much sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I order a kit? Slozano5@earthlink.net thank you. Sharon Lozano

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful line of fabric this one. I missed it. I love that pattern design too. Sad that my holidays end this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This turned out really nice. Love the colorways you use in all of your quilting choices. Very nice. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! The fabrics are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the button blooms block. I've searched hi & lo on the 'net to find the pattern, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Can you provide any help on locating the pattern?

    SewingLadyDI

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the button bloom runner. Where might I find the pattern or directions for the block?
    SewingLadyDI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine