Thursday 31 May 2012

Doc in Delilah

Yesterday morning I got up a bit earlier than usual (I am terrible in the mornings!) so there would be time to take some pictures of Doc before I went to school. 

It was a really still morning but the light wasn't quite right. The quilt looks a bit washed out in the photo below but in 'real life' it is much more vibrant.

I like the red fabric with white dots but decided not to use it in the borders. It is a lot stronger than the other fabrics and I like it used sparingly. I also used some stripes in the borders that didn't appear in the blocks. (all from Delilah by Tanya Whelan.)

 
 I quite like this 'looking into the sun' shot. It really emphasizes the pieced nature of the quilt top.
 

 I know I say this every month but I'm eagerly waiting to see what our Schnibble pattern for June will be.


15 comments:

  1. Those fabrics couldn't be any sweeter! So romantic... not a normal reaction to something called Doc!hehe
    Do you have any selvages of this fabric left? My friend has a grand daughter named Delilah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the picture you took from the back with the sun shinging through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous Christine,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning, Christine. I love the 'looking into the sun shot' - peaceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful, Christine - love the wrong side shot into the sun - most unusual, but very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic showing the seams - maybe a hint for quilting. It looks lovely and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty quilt. :0) So sweet in Delilah. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your border very much !
    I think you were right not using the red fabric...it's perfect like that !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhhhhh Love it Christine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...I love the "sun´shot", wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sunshot too. There are a lot of seams!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the pop that just using the red in the center gives the top! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can really enjoy your quilt as the pattern looks complicated too complicated for me, with or without the sun I reckon it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love this pattern and fabrics Christine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine