Wednesday 8 June 2011

Holiday Stitching

As is often the way, I started the holidays with a nasty old cold. Feeling too yuck to do anything vaguely energetic, the first few days were spent in front of the heater, watching Austar and hand stitching. 

I have added these to my growing pile of hexies. (This was the best photo of a bad bunch ... don't you love taking "quilty" photos in winter!!)


Also worked on my Tis the Season stitcheries and feeling much better today, started adding borders to my blocks. I'm using a Glace honeybun to finish this quilt so they will be a few changes to the original design.

 Partridge in a Pear Tree


Tis the Season


Elfin Sleigh


Santa's Boots


Here Comes Santa


Santa and the Christmas Goose
 



Glace is still one of my favourite ranges and I'm pleased to be using this treasured fabric for this lovely Natalie Bird design. Bye for now ... my hexies are calling!

13 comments:

  1. Christine your blocks look great and i really love your chosen fabric,well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're feeling a little better! Everything looks great Chrisine...you make everything look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hexies are gorgeous! Love all the stitcheries as well , such sweet patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling a bit better, your hexies look great, love all the fussy cutting and the Glace makes that stitchery gorgeous, Glace reminds me of Shangri La maybe they are from the same designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitchery looks beautiful. I love the red. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful you have some energy again...your hexies are so gorgeous..your SAL blocks are amazing your stitching is so neat..well done,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly but you have gotten a lot finished. And they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little stitcheries and the fabric is absolutely perfect with them. I too am working on a quilt with Glace. They are beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stitcheries and the fabric looks gorgeous. Smashing hexie flowers too... so cheerful. Hope you get rid of your cold soon... mine has been hanging around for 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous fabrics in your hexies Christine...and your TTS blocks are looking fabulous...I know what you mean about winter photos...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better Christine,love your hexies and your tis the season blocks look so pretty with the Glace fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glace is perfect with those beautiful stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks look great! The fabric looks gorgeous.

    Silver MLM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine