A highlight was our Christmas ornament swap ... the ornaments had to fit into a small box about 4 in square. This is what I made initially before deciding it was too fat/overstuffed and not quite Christmassy enough!
My second attempt was this little angel hanging .... I was much happier with this one. It was quite hard to part with in the end, although there's another couple on the way now.
I found the design in this book which I've had for years but never made anything from before. Not sure why because it has lots of lovely prim-style projects.
The ornament I received, made by Bev, is below. I was very impressed with the little carol singers .... rather appropriate in light of all the performances my school choirs did this Christmas season.
It is also stitched on the back with this festive greeting. Thanks Bev.
Last week, I got a very nice surprise when the lovely Rose from Threadbare sent me her Guiding Angel pattern. I have wanted to make this ever since Rose first showed it on her blog. Pleased to say I added the borders today and just have the quilting to go.
Now that I'm on holidays I hope to post more regularly ... my sister calls me 'the holiday blogger'! (How rude! Lol) Have caught up on my emails so now just have heaps of blogs to catch up on.